Terms and Conditions of Sale
Effective November 1, 2005
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. Full payment must be received prior to manufacturing of goods per terms of quotation. Cash, Check, Wire Transfer, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card are all acceptable forms of payment for website orders. Credit card and PayPal transactions are subject to a $10,000 limit. Customers who have already established a relationship with Rice Signs, LLC (Herein referred to as "The Company") may apply for an extension of credit. The amount of credit offered by The Company will vary on a case-by-case basis. The following are provisions for all credit customers:
A) An up-to-date credit application must be approved and on file with The Company.
B) Invoices are due within 30 days from the invoice date.
C) Invoices paid with a credit card are subject to a 4% convenience fee.
D) All late payments are subject to a 1-1/2% late fee per month on the outstanding balance for each month the outstanding balance remains.
2. Any order discrepancies or shortages must be reported to The Company within five (5) days after receipt.
3. Any obvious freight damage must be noted on carrier delivery receipt upon receipt of goods. Hidden damage must immediately be reported to the carrier for a damage report to be filed. No claims will be paid for freight that is not marked damaged on the Freight Bill. The Company will replace the goods based on the carrier's damage claim.
4. The customer is responsible for all costs of collection, legal expenses, and attorney fees incurred by The Company in collecting any amounts that are or may become legally due.
5. Due to the custom nature of the product, returns and exchanges are not accepted. The Company's liability is limited to the repair or replacement of products that are defecting for their intended purpose.
6. It is highly encouraged that orders for street name signs or other custom products should be submitted to The Company via fax or email in easily readable typed-form. The Company is not responsible for any misspellings due to misunderstandings over the telephone or due to illegible handwriting or unclear type.
Returns are only accepted on a case-by-case basis as determined by the company within five days of receipt of goods. An RMA number assigned by us must accompany any returns. Returns without an RMA number will be rejected at our facility. Returns must be in resalable condition. A 20 percent restocking fee will be assigned to each return. The customer will be responsible for all shipping costs on returns. All returns shipped collect to The Company will be rejected at the dock. Errors made by The Company will be dealt with in a professional manner. All sales are final on custom-made products, temporary traffic control products, special order items, non-stock items, sign posts, and sign installation tools and equipment.
Due to the custom nature of the product, orders may not be canceled once they have entered production. Note that the online order status system may not accurately reflect when an order actually enters production due to the fact that it is slightly delayed from real-time. Cancellation requests must be verbally submitted to The Company either over the telephone or via writing, including order number, order date, and reason for cancellation. Cancellation requests will not be granted if the order has entered production. Also, please note that Please note that The Company maintains the right to reject or cancel any order at any time using its sole discretion.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
We are very experienced in the transportation safety industry. We strive to make the best effort in providing accurate and truthful information regarding products and guidance from specific codes and statutes governing traffic control device placement and specifications. The Company, however, is not to be held liable for any injury, death, damages, lost revenues, or any other consequences that may result from guidance, information, or products obtained from The Company.
ACCEPTABLE STANDARDS OF QUALITY:
Acceptable standards of quality and tolerances are to be determined solely by The Company. All goods are deemed to be acceptable if they will function for their intended purposes per Federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Device and any other specifications that may be promised by The Company.
Most traffic signs, roll-up signs, and sign stands ship for free within the contiguous United States.